If ever there was a time when every house should be a house of prayer, it is now. Fathers and mothers should often lift up their hearts to God in humble supplication for themselves and their children. Pr 21.
OFFICIAL Ellen G. White
The Ellen G. White Estate Announces Plans for
2015 Centennial Commemoration
Ellen White’s Life and Ministry
According to plans announced by the White Estate Board of Trustees, the impact of Ellen White’s legacy will be remembered in various ways throughout 2015—the centennial year of her death. Plans currently under development include:
- Fall 2014: introduction of a special webpage containing resources to assist churches, schools, and other institutions in participating in the 2015 commemoration.
- The official opening of a new visitors center in the White Estate’s main office during the 2015 Spring Meeting of the General Conference Executive Committee.
- The release of the 2016 Ellen White daily devotional at the 2015 General Conference Session. It will feature selections from the great themes found in Ellen White’s writings.
- Highlighting Ellen White’s life and prophetic ministry during the closing Friday evening program at the 2015 General Conference Session.
- A special weekend of events at Pacific Union College and Elmshaven in July 2015.
- Participation in a scholarly Symposium on Ellen White to be held at Andrews University, October 15-18, 2015.
- The anticipated publication of the second volume of the annotated Ellen White letters and manuscripts covering the years 1859-1863.
- The release of several hours of audio oral history interviews conducted with persons who knew Ellen White, including her daughter-in-law, Ethel May Lacey White Currow; four of her grandchildren, Ella May White-Robinson, Mabel Workman, Evelyn Grace-White Jacques, and Arthur Lacey White; her great grandson, Virgil Robinson; plus others including Elders Ernest Lloyd, Dores E. Robinson, and Arthur Currow.
- The release of several hours of video interviews of two of Ellen White’s grandchildren, Arthur Lacey White and Evelyn Grace White-Jacques.
- Several possible video projects currently being discussed for release in 2015; watch for further announcements.
- On Thursday, July 16, 2015, the centennial of Ellen White’s death, making available for free on the White Estate website all of Ellen White’s letters and manuscripts. (See a brief background on the history of accessing the letters and manuscripts.) Available at egwwritings.org, EGW Writings app for iOS and shortly Android.
- On Tuesday, July 28, 2015, the anniversary of James Edson White’s birthday (Ellen White’s second son), making available for free on the White Estate website all of his letters through 1915. NOTE: Due to staffing changes at the White Estate there has been a delay of a few weeks meeting the expected release of these letters on our new website ellenwhite.org. We are working on completing them as fast as possible. Please enjoy the wealth of new material available with the newly released Ellen White Letters and Manuscripts files on our websites and apps.
- On Saturday night, August 29, 2015, the anniversary of the birthday of William C. White (Ellen White’s third son), making available for free on the White Estate website all of his letterbook correspondence. (We will do our best to meet this expected deadline.)
- On Sunday, August 30, 2015, the anniversary of James and Ellen White’s marriage, making available for free on the White Estate website all of James White’s letters. (We will do our best to meet this expected deadline to release these letters on ellenwhite.org.)
- On November 26, 2015, on the anniversary of Ellen White’s birthday, making available for free on the White Estate website all of the other incoming correspondence dating through 1915. (We will do our best to meet this expected deadline to release these letters on ellenwhite.org.)